How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Brownsburg
Remote work is here to stay for numerous people, no matter if you occupy a house or a studio apartment. If you reside in the latter, you won’t enjoy the advantage of a bonus bedroom to use as your home office, but you are still able to fashion a worthy place to work. Follow these simple suggestions and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Brownsburg.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Brownsburg
- Pick a suitable desk. Selecting a desk of a proper size to match your area is essential. If you’re using a laptop, the desk only needs to be approximately 20 inches deep. Your work surface is ideally around 28 inches above the floor and may be any width that works for your space. Be sure you have space for a second monitor. You'll be thankful you have one when you have a spreadsheet up, a video meeting going, and ten other windows open. Really limited on space? Consider a two-tier folding desk you can stow away when it’s not in use.
- Where should your desk go? If you can put your desk into a corner, great! But you might need to get more innovative when positioning. A slim desk might be situated right behind a sofa. You might integrate a small area rug and desk lamp to designate the space as your home office. An unused wall in your room will also work. Put up some art or keep some plantlife on your desk so you aren’t looking at an unadorned wall throughout the day.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re short on space, utilize your desk for multiple functions. Move it next to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or do without a desk completely and work from your kitchen bar or dining room table.
- Incorporate floating shelves. These home office add-ons work perfectly when your desk sits against a wall. You’ll have more room for whatever you need and can easily blend shelving into your room’s specific layout.
Want To Mix Things Up? Consider Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in an alternative in your own space? Try a compact standing desk to change your perspective and improve blood flow. A reasonably priced foldable laptop stand may help get your device at the right height.
Here are some additional space-saving ideas you can incorporate into your small apartment home office in Brownsburg:
- Folders you can hang on the wall
- Small printer stand that will fit under your desk
- Small storage containers you can stick to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-limiting headphones for loud kids and roommates
Design Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At Union Green
Your home office will look wonderful in your new apartment at Union Green. We have various floor plans available to accommodate your remote workspace needs. Arrange a tour of our Brownsburg community or reach out to us at 463-888-7185 if you need more information.