Your Ultimate Apartment Moving Checklist For Brownsburg
There is much to think about when planning your relocation to a new Brownsburg apartment community. Having a handy guide at your side will help things go smoother. It allows you to document each important job, stay on schedule, and feel more in control. To assist in making your future moves more stress-free, we’ve compiled these essential tasks for your apartment moving checklist in Brownsburg.
8 Weeks Before Moving: Get Prepared
- Plan your steps. Follow our tips to start your Brownsburg apartment moving checklist and supplement it with additional tasks whenever you think of something.
- Reach out to your current leasing office. The majority of contracts require advance notice of usually 30 or 60 days before you plan to leave.
- Check what your current landlord requires when leaving, like cleaning and scheduling a walk-through. Add those tasks to your checklist.
6 Weeks Prior To Relocating: Get Ready For The Big Day
You’re now ready to figure out the logistics for the day of your move and recruit help.
- Wrap-up anything that’s still pending with your new Brownsburg apartment community. Establish agreed-upon arrival date, make sure you understand the requirements for new tenants, and complete any documents that still need to be signed.
- Hire a moving company or rent a truck. Make a reservation now to help guarantee you lock in a date that works best for your schedule.
- Arrange childcare or a pet sitter for moving day to keep kids and animals safe.
2-4 Weeks Until Moving Day: Pack
- Gather boxes and moving supplies.
- Start boxing up non-vital goods and getting rid of unwanted items. Don’t forget to label every box!
- Fix any problems that you caused in your previous residence to have your full deposit returned.
- Update your tenant insurance policy for your new place.
- Submit a change of address form and arrange for the forwarding of your mail by the post office.
- Schedule the transfer of your utilities or create new billing arrangements for electric, gas, cable.
- Inform subscription services of your new address.
- Discover where the most convenient dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are within your new locale.
1 Week Prior To Your Move: Finalize Plans
This week is sure to be busy but exciting as you get ready to move.
- Reaffirm your moving service or truck rental and make sure they have addresses and directions when your day arrives.
- Complete your packing. Pack a small piece of luggage for the first couple days in your new apartment, and find a prudent method to store precious items or personal effects like passports to keep in close proximity.
- Tidy up your previous apartment while you pack those last few boxes. .
- Get your new keys and complete a first pass of your new home. List and follow-up on any visible maintenance problems.
- Plan where your furnishings will incorporate into your new apartment floor plan.
Moving Day: Stay Organized!
- Send children and pets with caregivers for the day.
- Work with the team of professionals as they take boxes on and off the moving van or truck. Be sure to tip them and make your final payment.
- Do the last walk around of your old apartment.
- Check that you have utilities up and running along with functioning smoke alarms.
- Get the essentials laid out at your new apartment, including beds, toilet paper, and snacks.
Put Touring Union Green On Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Brownsburg
You have to find a new home before you start planning your move. What about Union Green? Our friendly leasing professionals are ready to give you an in-person or virtual tour of our beautiful community and will help you determine the ideal apartment layout for you. Make visiting us part of your checklist and dial 463-888-7185 or schedule a tour today to see what we have to offer.